It’s the BoxMac Holiday variety hour! Cuddle up with your loved ones and watch as Frankie and Junt try to find the perfect gift for one another, and Junt cooks up his homestyle recipe with Cheetos crust. Also, enjoy a bonus What’s in Junt’s Cart? at Benny’s!
Junt’s Homestyle Recipe!
3 loosly packed cups cheetos
3 tbsp melted butter
1 Pound Pipette Macaroni
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
6 tbsp butter
6 tbsp flour
3 3/4 cups whole milk
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
1 pound colby jack cheese, shredded
8 oz extra extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Topping: Combine Cheetos and melted butter in food processor. Pulse about 10 1 second bursts until coarsely ground.
1. Poor out 3.5 cups of milk and set aside to help bring the milk up in temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and place rack in middle. Apply cooking spray to a 9×13 baking dish.
3. Put 8 cups water in a large pot. Add 1 tbsp salt to water. Bring to boil.
4. Add pasta, cook until on the edge of al dente. Do not over cook, cooking will finish in oven. Drain pasta, put aside.
5. Mince shallot.
6. Dry the pot thoroughly. Add 6 tbsp butter and put over medium heat until melted. Add minced shallot, mustard powder, cayenne. Cook for 30 seconds.
7. Slowly add flour to butter mixture, stirring as its added with flexible spatula. Cook until the mixture is golden, about 1 minute.
8. Slowly whisk in whole milk and evaporated milk. Whisk continuously while adding.
9. Continue cooking 6-8 minutes while whisking slowly until large bubbles form on the surface and the mixture begins to thicken.
10. Remove from the heat, and slowly add cheese in 1 cup (shredded) increments, stirring as you go. Do not add more until the previous has mostly melted.
11. Season with salt and pepper.
12. Add in pasta, stir gently, breaking up clumps.
13. Put mixture into cooking dish, and coat with topping.
14. Bake until golden brown on the top, about 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.