Featured in “Velveeta & Chourico, Retro Gaming Xmas, Apple Crisp, and Scavenger Junt! | BoxMac 176”
Junt’s Christmas Party Mac
1 lb Pasta (I use medium shells)
Salt for water
16 oz Velveeta Cheese
8 oz Sharp Cheddar (I like the Cabot super sharp block, you can use anything)
1.5 lb ground Chourico (I use Michael’s brand)
1. Bring 8c of water to a boil and add 1 Tbsp of salt to the water.
2. Add pasta to water and stir.
3. Add Chourico to a frying pan and heat it over medium heat. It’s already cooked so you are just bringing it to temp.
3. Cut Velveeta cheese into pieces about 1/4 inch thick.
4. Shred the sharp cheddar cheese.
5. Once pasta is cooked, drain it the leave in strainer.
6. In the pasta pot, add milk and Velveeta cheese. Reduce heat to medium.
7. Stir milk and Velveeta until melted and mostly smooth.
8. Add the shredded sharp cheddar, stir until smooth and melted. Add more milk if sauce seems too thick. Watch carefully as sauce can burn if not stirred.
9. Add pasta and Chourico. Mix and serve immediately.
You can omit the Chourico but in that case I’d reduce the Velveeta cheese to 6oz, otherwise it’s a bit too cheesy.