Featured in “$89 HALLOWEEN Mac & Cheese | Whole Foods Ingredients | BoxMac 166”
8 oz Orechiette Pasta
12oz Sharp Aged Chedder cheese, shredded
8oz Fontina Cheese, shredded
2c Heavy Cream
2 Small Scallions, chopped
3 Cloves garlic, crushed
1 apple (macintosh), diced
1 pear (french butter), diced
8oz Smoked Chorizo, cut into thin pieces
2c heavy cream
2 tbsp flour
2 tsp ground mustard
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt for water and to taste
1/2 loaf Sourdough bread, cut into pieces
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp olive oil
1. Chop the bread into small pieces, about 1/2 inch in size, or use a food processor to pulse
2. Bring a fry pan to medium high heat
3. Melt butter and mix with olive oil.
4. Evenly cover bread with salt and garlic powder
5. Place bread in bowl, and cover with butter\olive oil mix, and toss.
6. Fry the bread in the fry pan, tossing every 2-3 minutes until crispy
1. Boil the pasta in salted water and cook until delicious. Drain and set aside in large bowl.
2. In a large sauce pot, add olive oil and 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Once heated, add scallions and stir.
3. Add Chorizo, cook though.
4. Add apple, pear and garlic. Cook until apple and pear are soft but not mushy. Add mix to pasta bowl and toss.
5. Turn burner down to medium, add remaining butter. Once foaming, add flour and let it brown slightly. Add ground mustard.
6. Slowly whisk in cream. Heat until it begins to thicken.
7. Add cheese, stiring continously as the cheese is added. Add salt and pepper to cheese mix to taste.
8. Add Pasta and meat mix back to cheese sauce. Mix well.
9. Serve immediately with small portion of bread crumbs on top.