Featured in “BoxMac 153: Stuffing Mac (Thanksgiving)”
1 Package Arnold Herb Seasoned Cubed Stuffing (12 oz)
1 Stick Butter
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 tbsp of Chicken Better Than Bullion
2 Eggs (You could go 1-3 safely)
8 oz uncooked De Cecco Orecchiette pasta
1 Pack Cabot Fiery Jack Shredded CHeese
1 Pack Cabot Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese
1 Pack Cabot Vermont Sharp Shredded Cheese
3 tbsp flour
3 cups milk
Fresh Parsley, Salt, Pepper to Taste
Cooking spray for pan
- Begin Boil of Pasta in salted water. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare stuffing per package directions, but using 1/2 stick butter, and use Better than bullion mix to make broth. Add chopped parsley to taste.
- While celery is cooking, begin cheese sauce, melt remaining 1/2 stick of butter and add 3 tbsp of flour to make a bechamel sauce.
- Once flour is just starting to change color, add milk and bring to steaming, medium heat
- Finish stuffing mix, once stuffing is complete, crack 2 eggs directly into the stuffing and toss, the egg will be cooked by the hot stuffing.
- Slowly add the whole package of fiery jack cheese to the sauce mix giving it time to melt the cheese before continuing, stirring continuously.
- Continue with the whole package of sharp cheese, and 3/4 of the package of jack cheese. Add salt and pepper to cheese sauce to taste.
- Take a large baking dish, give a coat of cooking spray. Drain and set aside pasta.
- Put a layer of stuffing on the bottom of the dish (about 1/2 the total stuffing), and then all of the pasta as a layer.
- Pour all cheese sauce over the two layers. Do not mix.
- Place remaining stuffing on top of the cheese sauce layer – do not mix. Add additional fresh parsley on top, and add remaining jack cheese on the very top
- Bake for 25 mins in the oven. Serve hot. Enjoy!