Featured in “BoxMac 114: The Fourth Awakens”
16 oz elbow macaroni
2 cups of milk
3 tbsp butter melted
3 cups of shredded cheese (I used half gouda and half cheddar)
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Light up the smoker of your choice.
2) Boil macaroni in water to el dente
3) Pour milk into a saucepan over medium heat. As the milk is warming up, crack the egg into the pot and whisk while it becomes hot (around 170degreesF)
4) Remove from heat and add butter and cheese and mix until smooth. Add salt and pepper if desired.
5) Put macaroni in a baking dish that you don’t care about getting smokey and pour cheese sauce over it. Sprinkle more cheese on top.
6) Place baking dish in the smoker for 30-45 minutes until bubbly on top.