Featured in “BoxMac 131: Thomas Jefferson’s Macaroni & Cheese”
1 pound semolina elbow pasta
16 oz Parmesan and Asiago cheese
16 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1.5 sticks of cold butter sliced into 1/8th of an inch pats, plus some extra for buttering the dish
Minced Onion to Taste
Pepper to Taste
1. Bring water and milk to boil. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Salt milk and water combination like normal. Boil pasta at a low boil, stir often.
3. Butter a casserole dish and set aside.
4. Drain pasta and save about 1 c of the milk water mixture.
5. Take 1/3 of the pasta and put it on the bottom of the buttered dish, Cover with 1/3 of the cheese, then with 1/3 of the butter pats
6. Add minced onion and pepper on top of layer then repeat 2 more times for a total of 3 layers.
7. Pour half the saved liquid over the finished mac slowly.
7. Bake in oven for 30 minutes. After 15, open and slowly pour rest of water milk mixture over.
8. Serve hot.