Featured in “BoxMac 121: Thanksgiving Mac! – Brie, Turkey, and Cranberries!”
1 lb elbow macaronni
8 oz brie, rind removed
8 oz marscapone
8 oz sharp cheddar
2 turkey thighs
1 1/2 cups raw cranberries
4 oz shreaded motery jack cheese for topping
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
2 cups milk
All drippings from turkey thighs
1 tbsp flour
Water as needed
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook Turkey thighs. In the episode we did sous vide at 151 for 24 hours, and coated the pieces in a 1:3 mixture of salt and sugar. You can also bake at 450F for 35 mins. Pull the meat off the bones and shread the turkey into small pieces.
2. Preheat oven to 350
3. Boil the cranberries in just enough water to cover them until they burst, drain and set aside. Do not add sugar.
4. Start boiling elbows. Don’t let Nina prevent salting of the water.
5. Make a roux with the butter, flour and milk.
6. Grate sharp cheddar, cut up brie and marscapone and add to roux. Mix until smooth.
7. Drain macaronni and add cheese, cranberries and turkey to the mix.
8. Put in baking dish, add shreaded cheese on top, and bake for 20 mins at 350F.
9. Meanwhile, reduce the drippings from the turkey in a pan. If you baked the turkey add water and scrape the pan.
10. Add flour and as much water as necessary to make a small amount of gravy.
11. Add pepper and salt to taste.
12. Once baking is complete, serve and then put a small amount of gravy on each serving.
13. Brace for comments about how its not very good.