Featured in BoxMac 95: Baked Pumpkin Macaroni & Cheese
1 lb Medium Shell Pasta
1 Small Minced Shallot
2 Tablespoons Flour
3 tbsp Kerry gold butter
12 oz Heavy Cream
8oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese
4oz Colby Jack Cheese
8oz Mascarpone Cheese
10oz Pumpkin Puree
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 tablespoon mustard powder
3/4 cup grated parmesean cheese
1. Boil Pasta. 8 cups water 1.5 tablespoons salt. Set aside when done
2. Prehead oven to 350F. Apply cooking spray to baking dish.
3. Melt 3 tbsp butter. Cook and stir in shallots until lightly browned, about 5 mins.
4. Add 2 tbsp flour. Let cook until flour just barely begins to brown.
5. Slowly wisk in heavy cream. Simmer until it begins to thicken
6. Add 6oz of sharp cheddar cheese, 4oz colby and 8oz marscapoine to sauce and cook on low heat until melted and smooth.
6. Add Pumkpin Puree, garlic powder, paprika, nutmeg, mustard and mix until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add cooked shells, mix, and move to baking dish.
8. Cover top of mac with remaining sharp cheddar and sprinkle 3/4 cup grated parm over the top.
9. Bake for 15 mins at 350F.
10. Broil on high for 4 mins to make the top golden brown if desired.